October 26, 2019 - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Interested in Registering?
Homestretch is an 8-hour education course that helps prepare home buyers for successful homeownership. Participants include both voluntary registrants and individuals required to take the workshop and obtain a certificate for completing the 8-hour course.
Karen translation will be provided.
There is a $40 fee for this class. Payments may be made online by Friday, October 19 at 12:00 pm CST. Otherwise, you may bring a cash or check to the class. You may pay by credit card below:
Online registration for this session ends 1 week prior to date of workshop. If you would like to register after the deadline, please contact:
Choua Lee | 651-495-1552 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The workshop will be held at HAP’s University office, located at 394 University Ave W, 2nd floor, Saint Paul, MN 55103.
The Homestretch Workshop uses Minnesota-approved curriculum from the Minnesota Homeownership Center, which is often a requirement for most down payment assistance programs with MHFA, Twin Cities programs, County DP programs, first-time home-buyer products, and NSP-specific products. HBE is funded by HUD.
- HAP’s Homestretch Workshops are taught in English as well as in Hmong and Karen.
- HAP is a HUD-Approved Housing Counseling Agency.
- HAP offers pre-purchase counseling along with the Homestretch Workshop.
- The curriculum meets National Industry Standards and is MN Homeownership Center APPROVED
- Certificates received upon completion of the course can be used for down payment assistance.
At the end of the day, our participants walk away learning more than they expected. Our goal is to educate potential home buyers on the home-buying and homeownership process and be a resource in the community.
If you have a client in need of down payment assistance, the Homestretch Certificate will allow them access to roughly $20,000 in down payment assistance.