Diabetes Prevention Program | Tiv Thaiv Mob Ntshav Qab Zib
HAP offers a Lifestyle Change Program for participants who are at high risk for getting type 2 diabetes or have prediabetes. Our program uses an evidence-based curriculum developed by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, which been proven to help prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes by teaching participants the necessary skills to make healthy lifestyle changes.
Our Lifestyle Change Program is 12 months and consists of 16 weekly, 4 biweekly, and 6 monthly meetings to support participants make small changes to prevent or delay diabetes. All program meetings are led by a trained Lifestyle Coach to support participants in losing 5-7% of their body weight and increase their physical activities.
If you are interested in our Lifestyle Change Program, please contact:
Lindsey Lee | (612) 244-5721 | firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I know if I am prediabetes or at risk for developing type 2 diabetes?
- Use our Prediabetes Screening Tool to assess your risk.
- Your doctor or another medical professional told you that you are prediabetic, or you have a history of Gestational diabetes.
- Almost 8% of Minnesota adults have diabetes
- An estimated 18,000 Minnesotans are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes each year
- The percentage of Minnesota adults with diagnosed diabetes has doubled since 1994
- 29 million American adults have type 2 diabetes, and 25% of them do not know it
- 56 million American adults have prediabetes, and 90% of them do not know it
Fun ways to stay active: Chinese Jump Rope – Dhia Yas – Click Here