Diabetes Prevention Program | Tiv Thaiv Mob Ntshav Qab Zib
Eat Smart, Stay Active | Noj Zoo, Nyob Zoo
- Almost 8% of Minnesota adults have diabetes
- An estimated 18,000 Minnesotans are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes each year
- The percentage of Minnesota adults with diagnosed diabetes has nearly doubled since 1994
- 29 million American adults have type 2 diabetes and 25% of them do not know they have diabetes
- 56 million American adults have prediabetes, and 90% of them do not know that they have prediabetes
Hmong American Partnership offers a Lifestyle Change Program for participants who are at high risk for getting type 2 diabetes or have prediabetes. Our Program uses an evidence-based curriculum developed by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC curriculum has been proven to help prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes by teaching participants the necessary skills to make healthy lifestyle changes.
Our Lifestyle Change Program is 12 months and consists of 16 weekly, 4 biweekly, and 6 monthly meetings to support participants make small changes to prevent or delay diabetes. All program meetings are led by a trained Lifestyle Coach to support participants in losing 5-7% of their body weight and increase their physical activities.
At this time, we are offering our programs through virtual options. Families and individuals that are interested in participating in our family focused program can start by following our weekly sessions posted below. If you are interested in our CDC curriculum based Lifestyle Change Program, please call Lindsey Lee at (612) 244-5721 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our next online cohort offering.
How do I know if I am prediabetes or at high risk for developing Type 2 Diabetes?
- You can take the screening tool for Prediabetes at https://www.cdc.gov/prediabetes/takethetest/
- Your doctor told you that you are prediabetic, or you have a history of Gestational diabetes.
Chinese Jump Rope – Dhia Yas – Click Here
Week 1, Session 1:
Monday, November 9, 2020 to Sunday, November 15, 2020
Click Here for Session 1
Week 2, Session 2:
Monday, November 16, 2020 to Sunday, November 22, 2020
Click Here for Session 2
Week 3, Session 3:
Session 3 will run for 2 weeks.
Monday, November 23, 2020 to Sunday, December 6, 2020
Click Here for Session 3
Week 4, Session 4:
Monday, December 7, 2020 to Sunday, December 13, 2020
Click Here for Session 4
Week 5, Session 5:
Monday, December 14, 2020 to Sunday, December 20, 2020
Click Here for Session 5
Week 7, Session 6:
Monday, January 4, 2021 to Sunday, January 10, 2021
Click Here for Session 6
Week 8, Session 7:
Monday, January 11, 2021 to Sunday, January 17, 2021
Click Here for Session 7