Diabetes Prevention Program | Tiv Thaiv Mob Ntshav Qab Zib
Eat Smart, Stay Active | Noj Zoo, Nyob Zoo
Hmong American Partnership offers a Lifestyle Change Program for participants who are at high risk for getting Type 2 Diabetes or have prediabetes. The Lifestyle Change Program uses an evidence-based curriculum developed by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. This program has been proven to help prevent or delay the onset of Type 2 diabetes by teaching participants the necessary skills to make healthy lifestyle changes.
The Lifestyle Change Program is a yearlong program that will be 16 weekly, 4 biweekly and 6 monthly meetings. The meetings are led by a trained Lifestyle Coach who will facilitate a group of adults that are working towards a similar goal. The goal of the program is to help the participants make small changes to lose 5-7 % of their body weight and gradually gain 150 minutes of physical activity.
- 18 years and older
- Body Mass Index of 22 or higher
- Pre-diabetic or high risk for developing Type 2 Diabetes
How do I know if I am prediabetes or at high risk for developing Type 2 Diabetes?
- You can take the screening tool for Prediabetes at https://www.cdc.gov/prediabetes/takethetest/
- Your doctor told you that you are prediabete, or you have a history of Gestational diabetes.
- 7.6 % or almost 8 % of Minnesota Adults have diabetes
- Around 18,000 new cases are diagnosed in Minnesota each year
- The percentage of Minnesota Adults with Diagnosed Diabetes has nearly doubled since 1994.
- 29 million American Adults have diabetes, more than 1 in 11 people and 25% don’t know that they have diabetes
- 86 million American Adults have Prediabetes, more than 1 in 3 people and 90% don’t know that they have prediabetes
To learn more about the program, call 612-244-5721 or email email@example.com .
Week 1, Session 1:
Monday, November 9, 2020 to Sunday, November 15, 2020
Click Here for Session 1
Week 2, Session 2:
Monday, November 16, 2020 to Sunday, November 22, 2020
Click Here for Session 2