Mental Health Wellbeing
HAP is committed to improving the health of the communities we serve through providing mental health resources. The Mental Health Wellbeing Program is funded by the Behavioral Health Education grant from the Department of Human Services.
Foster the holistic well-being of the Hmong community by providing tools, services, and spaces that are emotionally focused and culturally responsive.
- Increase the Hmong community’s knowledge of how to access existing and new resources and services, and the benefits of those services.
- Educate care and service providers to engage the Hmong community with culturally responsive, emotionally based methods that respect and account for cultural wisdom and perceptions.
- Promote inclusive community perspectives about holistic wellbeing that reduce stigmas about mental health.
- Improve communication and collaboration among community organizations and health/care providers to optimize service and support to the Hmong.
Youth MOVE: HAP Local Chapter
HAP hosts a culturally specific local chapter of Youth MOVE MN, a project of the Minnesota Association for Children’s Mental Health. Youth MOVE is a youth-driven program for individuals ages 13-25 dedicated to improving systems and services that support positive growth and development. Our chapter meets monthly to highlight youth voices and experiences in various systems – including mental health, child welfare, and education.
If you are interested in joining our chapter, please contact our Mental Health Coordinator.
Minnesota Mental Health Services
Ramsey County Children’s Mental Health
- 24-Hour Crisis Line–651-266-7878
- Ramsey County Children’s Mental Health Collaborative–651-293-5951
Resources for Families who need support in Children/s Mental Health
Ramsey County Adult Mental Health
- 24-Hour Crisis Line–651-266-7900
- People Incorporated (Mental Health Clinic)–651-774-0011
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- 24-Hour Crisis Line – 800-273-8255
Minnesota Warmlines – 651-288-0400 or Text “support” to 85511
Veterans Crisis Line – 1-800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line – Text “MN” to 741741
HAP Behavioral Health Services
- Peer Support Groups
- Community Outreach & Education
- Referrals for Professional help
HAP Recovery Support: HAP Provides early intervention and prevention for individual counseling and support groups for adults who have completed treatment for drugs and alcohol abuse. We work with individuals, families, and local community members to help heal these wounds and find positive ways to help them deal with challenges. Are you or a loved one in need of substance abuse recovery support? Please reach out to our Recovery Support team.
Hmong Men’s Recovery Support–Tou M Yang | Cell: (651) 983-3431 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Hmong Women’s Recovery Support–Wanda Vue | Cell: (651) 495-1630 | email@example.com
For more information, please contact our Mental Health Coordinator:
Rachel Vang | Cell: (651) 703-0613 | firstname.lastname@example.org