If you are in need of a safe place to stay because you are fleeing an unsafe environment at home, call the MN Day One Crisis Hotline at 1-866-223-1111 to speak with an advocate who can guide you to a service provider and safe place. If you are in an emergency, call 911.
- Emergency rental assistance due to COVID-19 – click here
- Foreclosure and Eviction Moratorium – click here
- Housing and Resources for Renters – click here
- Property tax deadline extended to July 15 for qualifying taxpayers – For more information click here
- Bridging, a nonprofit organization that provides donated furniture and household goods to families and individuals transitioning out of homelessness and poverty, has resumed operations. They are now accepting donations and client services. Learn more.
- Legal assistance: If you’re a renter, you can get legal help on a wide range of issues, including repairs, evictions, security deposits, landlord invasion of privacy, and more. Call HOME Line’s hotline at 612-728-5767.
- If you receive an eviction notice during peacetime emergency, you may contact the Attorney General’s office to submit a complaint.
- If you’re a homeowner experiencing difficult making on-time mortgage payments, there may be options for you. Information is available on the Consumer Financial Bureau’s website.
- Mortgage Relief – click here
- The Saint Paul Downpayment Assistance Program provides financial assistance for homebuyers at or below 60% Area Median Income (AMI). Qualified homebuyers can receive up to $40,000 for a home downpayment, closing costs, and/or property inspection. Homebuyers must:
- Owner occupy and register as a homestead with Ramsey County throughout the loan term;
- Have net assets at or under $25,000; and,
- Earn at or less than 60% Area Median Income (AMI).
- AMI is based on the number of people in a household
- Tips for Residential Property Owners and Renters on Filing an Insurance Claim – click here
- Eviction Prevention Assistance for Dakota County residents – click here
- The Families First Housing Pilot provides Saint Paul families a $300 monthly rent supplement and ongoing supportive services for three years, in partnership with the Saint Paul Public Schools. For more information – click here.
- COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program is now accepting applications. Call 211 (Toll Free: 1.800.543.7709; Local: 651.291.0211), visit http://211unitedway.org, or text “MNRENT” or “MNHOME” to 898-211 to learn more. To apply, click here. For FAQs, click here.