Utilities Support

  • Energy Assistance Program helps Minnesota households pay for current and past-due bills for electricity, gas, oil, biofuel and propane, emergency fuel delivery, and repair/replacement of homeowners’ broken heating systems, and could also cover water and sewer bills. The Cold Weather Rule (CWR), which protects residential utility customers from having electric or natural gas service shut off, starts October 1 through April 30. Both homeowners and renters are eligible for CWR protection (utility account must be in your name). You and your utility must agree to a payment plan that is reasonable for your household.
  • Affordable Connectivity Program – This program helps ensure that families can afford the broadband they need for work, school, healthcare, and more.
  • Community Action Partnership assists with shut off notice bill and low-income families. Please call 651-645-6470. 
  • Salvation Army HeatShare Program provides energy assistance on a year-round basis to families in crisis. 
  • St. Paul Regional Water Services – Supports community members in avoiding termination of water service. To be eligible for assistance, families must: Be in financial crisis, qualify under low-income or have had their water service terminated or be in danger of termination. Please call 651-266-6350 
  • Low-cost computer and internet resources. Learn more 
  • Escape the heat: Cooling centers available – click here
  • Rent Assistance: COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance is available to all Minnesotan who qualify. HAP can help connect you to two programs: RentHelpMN or City of St. Paul Emergency Rent Assistance. Reach out to our COVID-19 Care Coordinators for more information. Call (651) 304-6236 or email askHAP@hmong.org.